RCU Forums - View Single Post - Which throttle servo?
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 09:10 AM
Panzer Werker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which throttle servo?

ORIGINAL: Mspeed

I went through 2 traxxas and one aftermarket throttle servos before i finially decided to throw out that return spring. I must of adjusted the carb angle and made sure the endpoints were set more times than i can count after the first one died. I am sure some of the top end servos will not burn out as fast, but I would ditch that spring asap. I actually got mine from the hardware store, cut and bent it to work. Never had a throttle servo go bad again. Make sure you put a electronic fail safe in since your going to lose your mechanical one. The weaker spring just cant pull the throttle closed if you lose signal.

Just so you know, my last throttle servo I burned out, was a run away at full throttle. Getting rid of the spring was a no brainer. If im going to have a run away with the mechanical strong spring as a fail safe, then why go through the trouble of having that servo killer.
Thanks, I did exactly that last night - I bought a weaker spring from the hardware store and cut / bent it to the right length to close the throttle. I ended up just buying another Traxxas servo as that's what my LHS had. I'll add the failsafe as well............