RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fly Eagle F-15 (1/9) Building Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 10:59 PM
757Driver
My Feedback: (90)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Fly Eagle F-15 (1/9) Building Thread

RedFred...thanks for the help with F21. I was up so late I was too tired to post. I'm leaving for Europe tommorow and was trying like crazy to get it done, but there were too many loose ends. It needs about 3 more solid days and she should be ready for a maiden. Does anyone have a weight on the airplane with all fuel tanks full?

Heres some pics...

Oh RedFred, this is my first jet and I hope that I mounted the Bifurcated duct properly. I didn't have the mount either. I wasn't aware that it came with a mount for it. Also my stabilator control horns hit the top of the fuselage. Do yours clear without any binding? Wondering if they fixed that problem. I also was under the impression that the bifurcated duct was angled at the exhaust nozzles but I later noticed that one was streight and the other just a few degrees tilted in pitch. I hope this will not cause me a problem in flight.

I used 3/16" tank kits from Sullivan and couldn't find any barbs that I liked so I made my own from 1/4" plumming butt connectors. Just cut them up and soldered them in place. They work very well and the lines are very secure. I tested my fuel system and it looks like it holds approximately one US gallon. I installed 4 air tanks in the empenage, two on each side. One short one in the aft end and the longer kit tank just forward. Three tanks will be used for the heavy system and the fourth tank will operate the brakes. UAT installed as well as the fuel pump. Brake lines routed. The kit should include 7 more air line "T" fittings as well as brake line, strut clips. The jet needs four of these in my opinion. Don't get me wrong...its alot of airplane for the money but these are small things that would make it better. Also the linkage for the Stabilators is about .400" too short and creates poor geometry for the servos. It should also come with two fill valves and two air gages. I installed a fuel vent in the empenage as well. I upgraded all my clunks to sullivans tapered heavy type. I also wrapped the servo wires and air lines that transit the MLG retract and wheel well. I inflated my tyres to 81mm today and its a bit too much. They look good when the jet is sitting on the gear but the tire just touches the bottom of the fuel tanks when retracted. I will have to let some air out. May try 80mm when I return home. BTW my fuel tanks had alot of debris in them from the factory. I think its prudent to flush them well several times and ofcourse always run filters, lots of filters.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96640.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	1039899   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf13778.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	1039900   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns44846.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	65.5 KB