RCU Forums - View Single Post - Modelfly Cardinal
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 05:14 PM
red head

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Modelfly Cardinal

I had one for years and would get another one if I could get it for a decent price in the States.

If you will check out the wing joiner you will see that it is only about 8 " long and that doesn;t give much support to the center of the wing. When this was brought up to Modelfly they said it was fine as this plane was supposed to be a scale type airplane and not do aerobatics. I hate to admit it but in that respect they were right. But it was so good at them !!!

Well it's to bad that they didn't modify this situation because this plane is a super flier and can do a lot of neat stuff including being a fine float plane.

I folded 2 sets of wings and would go along with the suggestion about the wing tube. If I ever get another one I WILL take care of the wing joiner you can bet on that. By the way they both folded at the end of the joiner, but I must give some credit here as the wings didn't completly fail at the time. After they folded ( buckled ) and left creases ( weak spots ) in the wing I didn't trust flying them anymore.

After all this I still think it's a fantastic plane and wish I had another one. ( mine had radio failure and went straight in ) If you don't have one , get one they are great !!!! ENJOY !!! RED