RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tower hobbies can't come up with engines Evolution can.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:36 PM
Whirley Bird
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tower hobbies can't come up with engines Evolution can.

ORIGINAL: carrellh

The first 'Tower' post I remember from Whirley Bird was how bad the 'Tower Hobby Phone sales people' are. He placed an order for TX and RX batteries by phone, with no stock numbers available, and they sold him the first thing that came up in the call rep's search. He later realized he could have gotten the items cheaper if he had looked up the stock numbers.

He mentioned in this thread '7 to 10 day' shipping, no tracking numbers, etc. Every online order I've placed with Tower has estimated a 7 to 10 day arrival; but, they have shipped the next business day and my stuff usually arrives 2 business days later via ground shipping. I have always gotten a shipment confirmation with tracking number. I have no idea what they do with phone orders though.

In the 'phone sales people' thread he mentioned placing the order on 10/10 and receiving it 10/16. That's about as good as it can get for ground shipping. 10/10 was a Friday. It would have shipped Monday 10/13, and it arrived Thursday 10/16.

The one time something was missing from a Tower order, one phone call had it in the mail to me. No overnight delivery or anything, just regular mail, which was fine.

The one damaged ARF I received was resolved by one phone call. They shipped a new one and charged it to my credit card. They included a prepaid return label. I put the damaged plane in the shipping box, slapped on the label, and returned it for credit.

My 'Tower' experiences have all been good, but, that does not mean others have the same experiences.
No,
Your wrong on the above.
I had no catalog and they told me thay were the cheapest batteries they had.
I later retrived a catalog and saw all the different packs at lower prices.
As far as the UPS goes UR correct.
That is the norma lprocedure.
TH send you a sticker and UPS just picks up the box to be returned.
Vegas/