RCU Forums - View Single Post - Phase 3 EF - 16
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 11:48 AM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Phase 3 EF - 16

ORIGINAL: crashcrash

ORIGINAL: gooseF22

HS 65 HB's for me. I saw one fly on 4s with them...worked alot better.
LOL....I don't know why you guys want 4S and speeds up to 110mph, but I know it's a personal choice. Even as stock for me, this thing is REAL hard to keep track of if flying full speed. I could see where even as stock running full power, smaller servos would be under tremendous stress (such as 7.5's or 8G servos), and would give out, especially under high G manuvers. My next one will have minimal 9G servos....and I don't push mine that hard.
why go faster? cause we can.... Why does a dog......you know the rest....

By the way, Im keeping one stock just for relaxing. It makes a good warmup just before flying a 6K$ jet. Im running 65MG's on one of my extreme prop planes and they work good. Its double the weight of this one. Its really all about balance and air load, and of course holding power. If the gear train is tight, the servo wont work as hard under high speed. I think the 65 motor is pretty strong for its size. I have run them over 100mph on other planes....no failures so far, not one..so I think 65's are a cheap investment for this one. They can be used on a ton of applications, so I bought a case back when. some MG's some HBs.