RCU Forums - View Single Post - VXL?!!!
Thread: VXL?!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2008, 06:19 AM
shaunmichaeljohnson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: VXL?!!!

just had a run today.
the ESC cogged less toady on 3s 8k lipo.
it seems to occour only when it gets hot after a LOOONG bashing session or a long race.

i have to admit that if traxxas brought out a programming card for it it'd be really sweet.
i wanna also see it waterproofed and not just water resistant like it is now (although ive had mine pretty wet before :P)

it's been a great ESC but i wouldent buy again (exept maby the new version)
it has been run completely submerged in the dam by accident, covered in mud, covered in dust then mud and mud slurry, dragged along the ground behind the rustler and all kinds of things.

it's dont it's time and it's unreal that it's still working almost the same as it did new.

yes the battery (2s especially) drops it's voltage under load and that sets off the LVC but it does not disenguage it when hte voltage comes back up again
the mamba is like this, when hte LCV kicks in it's only single stage but if it gets a voltage drop it stops and then when the voltages come back up again it fires back up.
that's the difference.
i'd like to pimp out my VXL esc one day, novak smart stop (or somthing) and get a sencoered motor to stop cogging.

traxxas is on the right track with this thing but it's just a few things that let it down.

shaun