RCU Forums - View Single Post - Phase 3 EF - 16
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 11:53 PM
crashcrash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Phase 3 EF - 16

ORIGINAL: friedclutch

Ok guys.... I have a product report. Got my Dons Wicked Extreme, 40a pentium ESC, and programming card. Installed and soldered everything tonight.... The Verdict?

Freaken A PLUS man. UNBELIEVABLE RPM. I used the stock XF fan btw....

First off. The ESC and programming card are awesome. No more complicated "throttle stick" ESC programming. And the 16 song choices for the power-up sequence is off the niffty scale. I had my brother drop by w/his F-16 and we programmed his too. (same power system...) His now plays jingle bells.. I went for the scottish tune. For $8 bucks its way worth it. (However not absolutely necesary.) This is the first time I put a 4 cell pack in. I got the 2150 20c 4s Rhino packs from hobbycity. (zippy cells) The power difference is unbelievable. There is also quite a bit more rpm on three cells than the stock power system. Hoping to get it up this comming weekend. After hearing and feeling the power difference today, I can say that there is NO WAY HS-55 servos will hold. I cant even hold this thing on my scale to measure the thrust. (Wife's busy)

The thrust ratio is quite a bit more than 1:1 static. How do I know since I cant keep it on the scale yet? Because I did some full throttle with the tail pointed at the ground and my hand holding the nose cone. It was pushing my hand upward with the full weight of the all up air plane.

All up weight with the heavy Rhino pack installed is 1lb 6.9 oz. So.... well over a pound of thrust. Cant wait to get her up.
SOUNDS AWSOME guy!