RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need more power!
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2003, 04:02 AM
darthdrk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need more power!

Gas is a little bit more closer to realism too. You ever see a real life size electric helicopter ? I havent, yet. Ive seen an solar powered airplane though. It was flimsy looking and if it would have crashed, it would have looked like what a electric Corona looks like when it smacks the ground. just kidding of course cause its really hard to tear either gas or electric up(at one time).

Spiro: if that is all youve been through since you owned your heli, You are doing really good. ive done replaced all my servos, on a second set of gears on all my servos, im on my second boom , been through about five clutch shoes and bells, several zlinks both tail and mainrotor. three or four main spur gears, two crown gears about four gearboxes, 5-7 tailrotor drive wires, three T/R hollow drive shafts. two mechanical gyros, On my third set of blades, two stock crutches(now flying my own crutch design). 2 stock canopies, two Vmax 6 engines, one piston & sleeve set, now on my Vmax 7 (replaced two defective Vmax7s-didnt cost me) replaced the upper bearing block . Basiclly been flying the tar outta this thing. Alot of my replacements were because of wearing them out. ran four tanks earlier today. Im sure Ill eventually move up to a bigger heli. Im eyeing the century hawk sport. Cant afford to get it right now. Id have to get everything all over again: radio, engine, heli, gyro, etc....So, it looks like its going to be a while unless the tooth fairy happens to drop one by. I gave up on Santa, he hasnt been by my way in years: I just knew he wasnt real. :disappoin :cry: oh well..... Spiro, like me, you gotta go with what the pocket book allows. If youre anything like me, you have to get that aerial fix often.