RCU Forums - View Single Post - water jacket help
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 05:08 AM
rhylsadar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: water jacket help

hi

watercooling in cars is a very good idea. not too much is needed. some kind of radiator (you can use small cooling blocs used in pc cooling), some tubes and some kind of pump. of course an electrical small pump is nice but its also costly (TCS makes small pumps running on 6V). otherwise you can use a small handpump like [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFUD3&P=7]this[/link] one. so when changing batteries you push the primer a few times. of course it would be nice to have a watercooled esc too to include in the watercircuit.

the waterjacked for the feigao is nice. however the bearingshields of the feigao are not srewed so you usually have to fix them with a motorclamp or something which makes it not so easy to use those waterjackets anymore. but there are motorclamps that allow you to use those waterjackets. if you have a motor that does not need to be supported it would be easier (e.g. like a medusa or NEU S version).

bye
rhylsadar

motorclamps to support the feigao

watercooled esc

a watercooled savage i did some years ago. i started out with a water reservoir and a electrical pump but it turned out to be not that necessary.

later i had the system in this watercooled truggy