RCU Forums - View Single Post - MDS .68 Fuel/Prop Suggestions
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2003, 06:50 PM
Lanceair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MDS .68 Fuel/Prop Suggestions

I just ordered an edge 540 .60 from horizon . I have an mds 68 and was wondering a few things about it. This engine came out of a heli and has been run on 30% Cool Power for as long as I owned it, It ran well in the heli although at times a bit troublesome to tune, but when tuned properly it produced nice power. My first question is should I keep running the same fuel or should I change? The owners manual recomends 15-30% I'm going to be using the muffler off my os .61 cause I had to buy an in cowl muffler for the os, so I might as well put it to use. The other thing I'm looking for is prop suggestions I want to have enough power to go vertical with the edge I was thinking about getting a 12x8 the only engine I have that is close is an os .61 FX which I have a 12x6 on, and by the specs the mds should have quite a bit more power then the os. I know Hp dosn't always equate into better performance but I think the specs on the os are 1.9Bhp and the mds has 2.5Bhp. this should leave some room for more pitch or a larger prop I'm new to the bigger engines so any suggestions would be helpful
Thanks