RCU Forums - View Single Post - El Mod with asiatam recoil unit
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 09:15 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: El Mod with asiatam recoil unit

The recoil unit must have constant power fed to the motor that runs the recoil unit. Hook the two motor wires to any constant source of voltage that you would like, like the battery terminals. The contact switch is the mechanical device used to interrupt the power to the motor. So when the gun extends it trips the mechanical switch and power is cut to the motor and it stops in its fully extended position. THen you use the airsoft feedwire as the trigger wire. When you blip the left joy stick, power is momentarily feed to the recoil motor. This moves it off the contact switch. As soon as the contact switch is open, power is restored to the motor from your power supply and it goes through its cycle again. No magic here, just a really basic set-up, that once you understand makers it really easy to trouble shoot these recoil units.

If you don't like the long delay when the gun is at the bottom of its recoil, I would suggest you hook the motor of the recoil mechanism directly to your battery. This will give the motor 7.2 volts driving it faster and minimizing this annoying delay.

I haven't tried it, but even hooking this motor up to a 9 V battery might make it look better as this would make the cam travel much faster, putting it further along in the cycle, then the normal 6 volt speed. Maybe by doing this you could almost elimate the pause????

Next time I have mine apart I might give this a try.