Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

El Mod with asiatam recoil unit

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

El Mod with asiatam recoil unit

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 04:44 PM
percy1510

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default El Mod with asiatam recoil unit

Hi Guys

Wonder if anyone can help me a little problem with my elmod install. I am doing a Panzer 4 with full elmod. I also have the Asiatam all in one recoil unit fitted. Problem is that when the elmod booster/tls and blaster are fitted everything works fine and the barrel recoils along with the main gun sound BUT the barrell does not return to the start position after the recoil. I can make the barrell return by pulling back on the left stick after I have fired the main gun but it should recoil and return in one movement. I have the elmod installed with my origional Heng Long boards and transmitter if that makes any difference. The recoil I purchased came already fitted to the turret with all wiring in place with the exeption of one wire which I have to connect to the negative feed to the main board which I have done.

help !!
Old 11-09-2008, 05:24 PM
icemonkey

Default RE: El Mod with asiatam recoil unit

had the same promlem with my tiger , in the end i found the answer it was the two wires that go to the original bb gun switch, i junked the switch and had them wired together , all worked fine untill i fitted elmod , had the same problem as you ,gun would only go to full extent if i held the lever in,to combat this i had to solder the + wire which originaly went to the bb switch[ think it the blue one ] to the live on the main switch, solder it to the middle contact on the main switch so it only powers up when the tanks turned on
hope this helps,all the best,ice
Old 11-09-2008, 06:34 PM
percy1510

brilliant . Thanks for that, will give it a go tommorow night and see how it goes. Another question and please forgive me if its a dumb one, I am not brilliant with electronics ( I just about know which way to hold a soldering iron ) If I connect the + wire from the BB switch to the on/off switch on the bottom of the tank, what do I do with the remaining - wire from the BB switch

cheers
Glyn
Old 11-10-2008, 04:22 AM
Planedev

don't want to hijack this thread but, I am thinking of using the asiatam all in one recoil unit for my PZ III conversion to tamiya electronics and wonder if this fix you have posted for the elmod system will work with the tamiya MFU. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:15 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The recoil unit must have constant power fed to the motor that runs the recoil unit. Hook the two motor wires to any constant source of voltage that you would like, like the battery terminals. The contact switch is the mechanical device used to interrupt the power to the motor. So when the gun extends it trips the mechanical switch and power is cut to the motor and it stops in its fully extended position. THen you use the airsoft feedwire as the trigger wire. When you blip the left joy stick, power is momentarily feed to the recoil motor. This moves it off the contact switch. As soon as the contact switch is open, power is restored to the motor from your power supply and it goes through its cycle again. No magic here, just a really basic set-up, that once you understand makers it really easy to trouble shoot these recoil units.

If you don't like the long delay when the gun is at the bottom of its recoil, I would suggest you hook the motor of the recoil mechanism directly to your battery. This will give the motor 7.2 volts driving it faster and minimizing this annoying delay.

I haven't tried it, but even hooking this motor up to a 9 V battery might make it look better as this would make the cam travel much faster, putting it further along in the cycle, then the normal 6 volt speed. Maybe by doing this you could almost elimate the pause????

Next time I have mine apart I might give this a try.