RCU Forums - View Single Post - Mini Buyers Guide
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 12:00 PM
mini_mac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mini Buyers Guide

ORIGINAL: crushgear64

how often do retailers exagerate the aspeed and by how much if they say it will go 43.5mph wat speed do you think it would achieve. what would happen if i brought a better motor to go with the esc in the car linked in previous message would it work or do i need a better esc? i may not be able to go with flightpower or apogee batteries as they are quite pricy do you know a budget brand that good lipo? if not the apogee may be good. do the apogee need a different charger because there chemistry is different?
quite often actually - those figures are always dependant on optimum conditions, but at the same time they're in the ballpark
and it's why so many cars come stock on the verge of being overgeared, which puts extra strain on the motor and esc.

it's always a worthwhile upgrade to go to a better motor and esc, the kit stuff is generally pretty cheap and not intended to survive much more than how the car/truck comes out of the box.

if you decide to go to a lipo pack you will need to have a lipo-specific charger

so brands are more pricey than others, but it's always been my theory that you get what you pay for (especially with RC stuff) - we're only talking a few dollars difference in most cases, and while saving a buck might feel good in the shortterm they seldom reward one over the longterm