RCU Forums - View Single Post - FPE 2.4 Needs a 3D home
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 08:28 PM
BTerry
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FPE 2.4 Needs a 3D home

ORIGINAL: hpelsromantic

Thanks for all the replies. Seems I'm not the only one with an interest in the smaller 3d stuff. Jake do you know when they're coming out with the extra? It sounds like the weight and wingspan make that a real front runner in my opinion. Tberry, the price is sure right on the cap but with a couple of people that have caps at our field and they seem like they don't fly as good as the yaks. I like the edge but it sure is hard to compete with the new weight of the ef extra........... Maybe there is still hope for the fpe 2.4
Sounds great, keep us posted. I love to see new planes!

As far as 3D goes, the Cap 232 design is _HANDS DOWN_ the best snapping and tumbling design out there and exceptionally good at harriers. However this comes at a price, and the cost is rolls that do not look completely axial and sometimes a slight couple, and an aversion to landing with the power off (they need a bit of power to keep the nose front rising and bouncing at touchdown).

There are many good designs on the market right now, and many better ones coming soon. I would pick the one you like and enjoy it! Just don't get one of the larger, heavier planes and you will be all right.