RCU Forums - View Single Post - DSM2 Transmitter upgrade?
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 04:30 PM
soloboss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DSM2 Transmitter upgrade?

OK, I've rethought my question.

Many have bought a CX2 DSM2. Then upgraded to the b400 with the DX6i. They bind the DX6i to the CX2 and fly it. And they get an MCX BNF and fly that too.

It seems logical that binding is a two way street. If I find a cheap (distressed) CX2 with a DSM2 transmitter, I should be able to convert my CX using the new radio gear from the CX2. And I should be able to get a BNF MCX and fly that with the CX2 transmitter. And I'm guessing that the CX2 transmitter will also bind to an AR6100 for park flyers and the Falcon 40.

I'm not looking to fly like the DX6i - I want to get rid of the few glitches that I get. And when / if I get a DX6i I'll have to drop the cash to upgrade the receivers on the rest of my fleet. I can get ahead of that expense if my plan works. And there always seems to be a market for a used TX from a CX2.

SO, who knows about this stuff? Am I nuts or will this work as a winter project?

following is a quote from another thread.

Data - CX2 Transmitter (LP5DSM) has CCPM Mixing!

The manual only describes the functions of a few of these switches, but the PCB inside has more details:

Code:

1 - HELI/AIR Default "ON"
2 - NORM/CCPM Default "OFF" COOL!
3 - ELE+RUD Default "OFF" (V-tail mixing?)
4 - ELE+AIL Default "OFF" (Elevon mixing?)
5 - THR REVERSE Default "OFF" (Throttle Reverse)
6 - AIL REVERSE Default "ON"
7 - ELE REVERSE Default "ON"
8 - RUD REVERSE Default "OFF"
9 - Gyro/Ger Default "OFF" Maybe "Gyro/Gear" ?
10 - AUX Default "OFF"

I don't know if the board inside the transmitter has been programmed to "honor" the functions of these switches - the transmitter's firmware may be limited. I guess one way to find out is to switch to CCPM mode and plug a servo into channel 6 on the receiver...

Also, taking apart the 4-in-1, the receiver unplugs from the ESC/Mixer/Gyro board, and with a little soldering, could have normal headers for throttle and rudder.