RCU Forums - View Single Post - QQ 86" or Hangar 9 89" Yak?
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 11:16 PM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: QQ 86" or Hangar 9 89" Yak?

ORIGINAL: gaRCfield
I have a version of QQ's plane (69") and it's one of the nicest looking planes and designs I've seen yet.
No, it's not a version of a QQ plane, it is an unauthorized, ripped off copy of a QQ plane from Nitro planes. That's not the only one either. i was thinking about getting a big Sukhoi or Yak. Two planes I looked at were the H-9 Sukhoi and the Nitro Planes Sukhoi. Guess what? The Nitro Planes manual was copied right from the H-9 manual. Not sure if the plane is copied but the manual definitely is.

Take a look: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_78...tm.htm#8164744

I know this is off subject but that stuff is criminal and downright wrong in my opinion. I've walked the floor at a major tradeshow and seen an exact copy of one of our products from an unethical "copy cat" manufacturer is China. They did no R & D, no marketing, nothing and they were selling it for less. Our people's hard work was flat out stolen and used for someone else profit. It took a lot of work from attorneys but the copy cat company was finally stopped from selling the product in its existing form in the US.