View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 04:32 PM
scraper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PST Rant

ORIGINAL: LGM Graphix

ORIGINAL: scraper
To answer

1) I would not call a bearing change a repair, Yes the bearings were changed by me, the motor was sent away for balancing. Thats why i have no need to blame them or pst for it failing.

2) I would have expected a little better support for a replacment chamber, i was not expecting them to fit it, i was going to. Whats wrong with wanting a little discount on a new chamber when it was there product that failed long before it should have. I was not expecting it free, but a show of "appreciation" as a customer would have been nice.

3) I have no problem in the least paying for freight, It was that $150 seemed excessive to me, even more so when you convert it to our dollar

4) The reason why i will not have another pst is not because of the way they run, its because of the high repair cost when they fail,

I am in the same business as you and i believe in going that little bit extra for the customer, i do not feel that pst has in my 2 occasions when ive had a problem. And sorry the 600 will end up back here to be fitted with jetjoe parts. Its just not worth fitting pst parts to.

This thread was really just me having a rant about my dealings with pst and to see what other people expect to pay for repairs, not to lay blame like you would assume.

1. So the story is different again, now YOU replaced the bearings, not as you said here:
Considering the turbine had just had a bearing change and balance (not from pst)
And btw that "someone else" is a well respected company!
Now I don't know who you are or what your experience is, but after having anyone else work on an engine that is not the manufacture, how can you seriously be upset about what the manufacture charges for a repair??? You say you're not blaming PST for the part failing, but what you are doing, and have done, is started a thread that already has one person saying they were considering PST but after reading your illegitimate gripe will probably not consider one. I guess you can look at blame as being a couple different things, but just by calling your thread a PST Rant alone you make it appear as though you are blaming them.

2. How far past Warranty was your engine when the combustion chamber failed? Why would you EXPECT anyone to discount a part to you? That's ridiculous, EXPECT to pay full price and if you get offered a discount be thankful, don't EXPECT a discount and then be pissed off if you don't get one. Again I reiterate, how many manufactures of ANYTHING, cars, cell phones, your oven, etc would offer a discount on a part after the warranty is up? I don't know of any.

3. Well Kraivuth has given you the option of using whoever you want for shipping, so I'd take that, hopefully it will be less for you.

4. I have seen some problems with PST, I've also seen their reps work hard to resolve those problems, as for how they run, mine are all strong, and consistent. I had a problem with an EGT probe on one of my 1300's in the beginning, no big deal, new probe, no more problems. I'm not brand specific, but for the cost of the engines, I think they're a great value, nobody else has a 28lb thrust engine out there for the same price as as PST1300R. Yes shipping to Taiwan kind of sucks, but from where I live, I have to ship any engine I have out of country for service, even to the US doesn't cost a lot less than overseas for shipping from Canada and we're on the same continent!

This thread was never about seeing what others expect to pay for repairs, never once did you ask anyone of they thought it was excessive, or ask what a similar repair would cost from another manufacture. You started a thread called PST RANT and started to ***** about things that as far as I'm concerned are not fair to PST. It's not like they are trying to rip you off, it's not like they've had your engine for 8 months and done nothing. You come across as though you're pissed off about the fact that you didn't get special treatment so now you're going to whine to everyone else about it.

As for customer service, read some of the other threads on RCU about some other manufactures or companies on here who receive engines, or money, or whatever and then don't even respond to emails or phone calls, who take the money and it takes legal action to get anything happening, THEN tell me what bad customer service is. PST has been in contact with you and given you legitimate answers and pricing for your engine, I fail to see how that is bad customer service!
1) How is my story different? i never said pst changed the bearings, I said the turbine had just had a bearing change and a balance. I never specified who did what bit, perhaps for your sake i should have. Why wouldnt i be upset about a repair bill? I just dont see how it has $1500 in it.

2) I believe the waranty was 15 hours? that turbine had done less than 25. At what point did i say i EXPECTED discount? I said it would have been nice if they had done so. I did not ask for discount and they never gave any so i went elsewhere.

3) I will be taking that option, Why wasnt that option suggested in the first place? Finding a cheaper option for the customer in my opnion would have been a good show that your looking out for them.

4) Considering the nature of this thread, it is only to be expected people would chime in with there experences on other companys service and repair costs, Like others have already done, even you regarding your ram. And there are others out there with 28# for cheaper than pst, you might not want to use them but they are there.

Like i said this was me having a rant about pst, eg: I was pissed off that i thought there charges were over the top and wanted some opnions on it, thats why its a forum. Thanks for giving yours.

Jared