RCU Forums - View Single Post - Deception 10 Build Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 01:54 PM
doxilia
My Feedback: (3)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Deception 10 Build Thread

Frank,

thanks for pointing out the issue with the G20's and pipes! I noticed that the 23 and the 15 have different sleeves and pistons. The 15 looks like a regular induction sleeve with a flat piston head while the 23 has a lapped piston and a much thinner sleeve. I have never run this particular 15 with a RC carb but a friend of mine back in the day had the same engine with the RC carb shown on the 23. I'm not clear on how sub-induction works so if you can explain that would be interesting.

Given the 15 and 23 don't seem to have the same guts, do you think the 15 might lend itself to pipe use while the 23 only to muffler use? If not, what mufflers would you recommend for these guys? I don't think the ST will be easy to come by...

Regarding the K&B, MECOA states a figure of 1.2 hp with a pipe and 30% nitro! Maybe a little overstated but I would hope that it could turn an 8x4 at decent rpm's with or without a pipe. Did yours just not run well? Wouldn't come up on rpm's? or maybe just not reliable?

I'm glad you're enjoying the thread. It'll get more interesting soon - I've got a fairly complete list of wood and parts needed to continue making progress. For one, I've got to sort out that firewall for width, motor mount and nose gear. This is basically why I'm tossing around engine ideas as the mounts for the G20's and the K&B are different. I'll most likely be using Robart's small 2 lb. nose gear unit and a Dave Brown Lite Flite 1.5" foam wheel.

David.