RCU Forums - View Single Post - Golden Rods
Thread: Golden Rods
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 02:29 PM
tggilkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Golden Rods

I would follow rcpattern/arch's advice about the DEPS system especially for the VF3, but it could be good for the Leo also. As with anything new there is a little bit of a learning curve, but if you'll take the time to look at the directions from Central Hobbies on their website, and plow RCU's pattern area for setting up and installing the DEPS you'll be fine. I will admit to being skeptical as to how two skinny carbon fiber rods running in plastic tubes could stand up to the rigors of YS poewered 2m pattern flying, but after watching a friend's pattern plane fly with it for two years with no problems or maintenance required, I tried it. I actually installed it in a completely finished Temptation that had flown for a season a bellcrank system needed maintenance and I wanted to lose some weight in the tail. It worked very solidly and has been used in every plane since then. As to being sturdy, some posts I've read, and from my own experience agree, it will survive a crash outlive the airframe didn't use it again but the DEPS part was intact.

Servos again follow Arch's advice. You want that repeatability that you get from high quality servos that go back to the same center all the time.

Enjoy the planes!
Tom