RCU Forums - View Single Post - New to the 1/5 scale RC world
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 05:59 PM
slawhammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New to the 1/5 scale RC world

Lars:..Good to hear from my friend far off....Yup like I mentioned a whole new look for my firehammer...The whole support
system and roll bar is decated to the Fg pro beetle shell only.......No other body will fit the firehammer using that beetle body shell....
For a different body shell ..I would have to go to mfg orig support system........Easy to do ..I think like 6 bolts used in the hold the support
system to the chassie....Well now as to painting.....I never have painted one of these shells from the inside out before.......I have done
plenty of air brush work in the past years...from plastic models to mototcycle helmets...But all that is donr on the out side surface.......
So this is my first attempt for this kind of painting.....So Don't laugh to much at my first time doing so....................
But for the next few days the firehammer will be put on hold.......Miss's say's i need to help with the christmas baking and candy making....
My work area is the kitchen.......so painting and food won't god to well together.......Time for a rest on the firehammer any way...After christmas day
I can get back to the swing of things on the firehammer........This time of the year the miss's like's so I guess I can give her my time for now....
She does not ask for much and supports my hobby........Good to hear from ya.....Happy Holidays your way....All Replies welcome..AKA Slawhammer
EDit: spelling