RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/8 Brushless Kits?
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 07:42 AM
vnmsgt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/8 Brushless Kits?

ORIGINAL: DanielT

Hard to know what to go for.

I don't know what kind of quality the ESC/motor/servo is in the RTR version of the Fusion, and whether it's worth the ~$250 more... or if that money should be spent on alternatives. A sport with a good quality but still economical ESC/motor/servo and re-using my existing transmitter would still be about $130 more than the RTR.

If I do it myself...

ESC - Mamba Monster
Motor - Medusa 36x60 2000kv
Servo - Hitec HS-985MG
Transmitter/receiver - Existing Hitec Aggressor CTX - would this work with brushless?
Batteries - 2x Maxamps 6500mah 7.4V
Charger/balancer - absolutely no idea right now.

Thoughts? Also what else is needed... pinion gear? Wiring harness for putting the batteries in series? What other nitty gritty things I'm forgetting?
The Fusion Sport is exactly the same but no electrics. The Motor and ESC on the Fusion RTR are made by Hobbywing. They are actually pretty decent. The ESC looks like a mamba Monster with a built in cooling fan.

I have a sport Fusion and run almost identical what you want to. I have a Mamba Monster with a Medusa and Hitec 645mg servo with airtronics M11 radio/spektrum reciever. Yes the radio you want will should work fine. Nothing special for a radio to run brushless with. I am currently not running Lipos. I have 2 NIMH matched 4600's and they work good for now.

The Fusion Sport already comes with a Pinion, motor mount, servo arm etc. Only thing you need is to make a adapter to run batteries in series which takes about 10 minuts. the wires on the Medusa are a little short and may need to lengthen them to make the reach without pulling some.
Let me know if you are interested in a fusion. I can get you a good deal on one.