RCU Forums - View Single Post - JR DX6i Spectrum radio
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 01:17 AM
Supercharged6-71
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JR DX6i Spectrum radio

I really hated to read this. I love how clear of a signal you get from a 2.4 radio, but man when you loose all control, I would trade a few glitches for a clear signal anyday.
As everyone can see there is an issue with these radio's that is far worse then any glitch. Did your planes or helli's stay at wide open throttle?
If you check my video you will hear and see this radio did not go into failsafe. I double check this everytime I install a radio, I make double sure that if the radio is shut off, or any signal loss happens, she throws the throttle to idle.
I believe you and I and who ever else has had this problem should not only get our gear replaced but also the plane or helli.
I understand you wanting to bail on this hobby, if not for me being disabiled I would have bailed on this hobby myself, but I can do nothing else, and this keeps me going or should I say half way sane.
This is the same thing that ruined the Big 3 in the Auto industry. I have a GM car 50,000 miles on her and she has a locked up engine from a factory Screw up. GM will not stand behind it, its not a saftey issue, Will I buy another GM car, no way.
I am very concerned that this same thing is going to happen here. Once you have a bad taste in your month about something hard to make it go away, and at a few thousand bucks, I know, That taste really stinks.
I am flying with a DX7 now. Everytime I go out and fly, I understand that I may not be comeing back with a plane do to signal or power loss or what ever. So not only do I have to make double sure I make no human mastake, because a tech failure is just off the horizon..lol.. waiting to come up and bite me.
All I can say is if this happens again to me I will not be replacing the plane or gear, I have a hanger full of planes and when they are gone this is over for me.
My wife has been great and has not complained once about my addiction to this hobby and I am addicted. But enough is enough, If I crash from pilot error, I can deal with that, I screwed up, will learn and do better next time. But when its equipment failure for what ever reason, that I can't deal with. I guess if this equipment was at least one year old then maybe its understandable, but new gear.
I just went flying today, it was 15 degree's out. Had a great time, flew electric and had a blast, it was calm and sooo relaxing, this is why I fly. Because when I fly, it gets me high, and I love to fly.
Good luck, keep us all posted as to what happens with this. Happy holidays.