RCU Forums - View Single Post - Who connects servos straight to their Futaba 6014rx ??
Old 12-19-2008, 04:30 AM
SpiderJets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who connects servos straight to their Futaba 6014rx ??

I've never ever used amplifiers, only always 5-cell Nicads since 25 years, without an exception. (in fact, except for a Weatronic RX with Lipos)

On the receivers of all my jets, I opened the Rx's and added extra solder between all the + pins and all the - pins going to the servo leads to allow even higher Amps running through the RXs.
Never had any radio problem whatsoever.
With the R6014FASST, I wanted to do the same thing, but the pins for + and - circuitries are much more difficult to reach with a soldering iron, so I stayed off.
I trust it will be OK, since I have read nothing but positive comments on the whole system R6014 / FASST.
I use 8 digital servos on my Elan, of which 3 are brushless.

PS. In my JetLegend Albatros L-39 1/6 jet, which was logically draining much more (bigger, and more servos, etc), recorded top peaks in flight were 2.3 Amps and this value was MUCH lower than what I expected. I expected peaks of 7-8 Amps, with all these gyros (3) and brushless servos. Consumption per flight was like most other jets around 350 MAh/flight.

I only use heavy duty electric switches (bought from AMT NL, like they use for their ECU's, not the Futaba/JR/... branded RX switches) and silicon heavy duty cables, with MPX or Deans connectors.

Nicolas.