RCU Forums - View Single Post - JR DX6i Spectrum radio
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 09:16 AM
jaka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: JR DX6i Spectrum radio

Hi!
The newer Spectrum receivers don't need seconds to reestablish contact ...it only takes milliseconds or so to do that!
The first Spektrum receivers had this long "rebooting" issue and it took a few seconds to regain control.
Speaking from my own experience when I flew my Q-500 racer this spring and suddenly lost control of it . I used a DX-7 system with seven channel receiver. I was lucky, just cruising around at high altitude when this happened. I could not control the plane and it spiraled down...at 20 meters altitude I was lucky to regain control ..!
After that I went home and investigated what had happened. I came to the conclusion that the cells I had in my battery pack , which I had soldered together myself did not deliver enough ampere to the receiver so I replaced my GP "Green" 4,8V , 1000mAh AAA cells with more "powerful" "Red" GP 4,8V, 800mAh AAA cells...and added a 4700 pF (10v) capacitor . Since then I have flown many many times with my DX-7 system in several airplanes, using 5-6 DX-7 recievers and have had no problems what so ever.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fc90451.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	1092606   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm37249.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	1092607