RCU Forums - View Single Post - Throttle hold in Acro on 10c
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 09:07 AM
bfreee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Throttle hold in Acro on 10c

Hi Victor,
Thats funny. I know what you mean. The whole reason I'm paranoid about the switch stems from an incident where I had converted a H9 funtana 40 to electric. I don't remember the exact circumstance. like you though, I DO remember the attack. I was prepping to fly or had flown & the plane was on the ground facing down the asphalt runway at a local ball field. A lady was making a U-turn at the ball field when all the sudden my 40 was in a drag race with her Ford Explorer. The 40 won the drag race. Coming from behind, it passed her, narrowly missing her r/f fender. Running wide open it flew like it was on rails. It slammed into a 6in concrete pole actiing as a vehicle barrier to the town's big genset. The pole sheared one wing off. The fuse continued on into the chain link fence where it finally came to rest. The lady stopped & with a look like she had narrowly escaped death, rolled down her window & asked if the plane was alright! From that day on I knew I needed a switch. You never know when someone could accidently make your plane hot or more often I lean over with my controller around my neck to turn of the power switch & the throttle stick bumps my body & "away we go!" I guess we could use a kill switch like Gasser do, but thats added wieght & expense that the a throttle hold can take care of.

Thanks again guys.