RCU Forums - View Single Post - New to the 1/5 scale RC world
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2008, 08:09 AM
slawhammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New to the 1/5 scale RC world

Here it is christmas eve day in clod hopper land...50* degrees out and raining.......After much reading and discussion on engines
to rebuild or buy new....I have researched many a threads ..both pro & con's.....As some of you my know from this thread.. I have a
CY29CC billet head engine...There are as many bad things as good about them......I have decided to rebuild the top end....
Going with O Neil Brothers...28.5CC Race Ported top end..with 2mm stroker...& 813 carb....This set up will give great torque..at low
and mid range..will loose some RPM's on the top end...But I am looking for the grunt on lower end.....Possiable going with some wheel
adapters..for different wheel and tire combo ..in different area's of use...dirt,grass,asphalt.....Slicks for asphalt...Knobs for dirt
The new beetle Pro Shell will give the firehammer a better look for year 2009.....Working out the colours for the shell...some thing to make it be seen
at a distance of 300yards away.....Miss's wants Orange & White..The Boys want..Red,Yellow Blue & white..All fluresent bright eye popping colours....
Well there ya have it..That's the lastest on the firehammer....I am still open for suggestions on colour....I hope to be painting this coming sunday....
All Replies Welcome...AKA Slawhammer