RCU Forums - View Single Post - AK-Models GOOD? BAD? UGLY?
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2008, 08:24 AM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: AK-Models GOOD? BAD? UGLY?

ORIGINAL: Bass1

Looks very similar in construction to my 50cc Richmodel Yak 54 that's an excellent flyer. Looking at the photos, I am not seeing any "toothpicks"?? <<snip>>
Every time I look inside this thing I'm seeing places where unnecessary weight's eliminated, and braces where there's loading. The engine box is braced six ways from sunday, and the wing tube support is doubled.

The support for the hatch/canopy may look a little flimsy, if you're accustomed to seeing the wing mount up there, but it looks fine to me for holding the canopy in place. The hatch actually has a clever mounting/securing feature, some tabs stick down thru the rails and there's a place to secure it with a screw through the side.

I grabbed the engine box and the tail of the fuselage and twisted. It was rigid, nothing gave, nothing creaked or cracked.

I have a bushing .40 and a ball bearing .46, I think I'll put it together with the servos & everything, and see how much engine I need to balance. If the .40 will balance it, I may give it a try.

Looks like this thing is crowding out some of my other projects, I need to prioritize!
Dave Olson