RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need good beginer heli!!
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 01:30 AM
toy4therock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need good beginer heli!!

[sm=tongue_smile.gif]Hello I am now researching helis as a beginer.Made it to a local shop last week for a good education.And a quick fun flight! I flew a blade micro dont recall the product number.However it was PRICY for what it was being tiny and with the dual head rotors one running counter rotation.The guy at the store said it was the finnest beginer one could buy.I dont that but it was a quality nice heli very stable!But it wasnt my idea of what I want .I am looking for a larger heli that can be flown indoors or out.And would prefer to start with a more typical heli.Meaning single mains and tail motor.Only in a fixed pitch setup.And 4 channel radio one that is crash resistant as they come.With carbo fiber and basicly built for the beginer in mind but can stick with this heli for some time to come.To the point its just time to go real with mixing and after alot of time also with a good sim using the same radio for best results.So here is my question to all of you.That can at all give me good to better solid advice.I am presently looking at two helis.One the walkera 4#3B 2.4ghz 4ch mini heli and the one I liked best so far the other is the Esky E004 HB RTF 4 ch or I hope thats right?When I know for fact it is the Honey bee 2 with fixed pitch and so many many all great reviews who could say no to that champion bee great heli.And told to survive crashes unlike no other period.Do to its light weight and strong carbon fiber parts along with something that aided it as for how it came down if without power of course.To any smart pilot error and response time for helping it out anyway one can less full bore unside down into the hard ground or street! Im thinking a place with alot of sand or semi tall grass meaning 2 inch or so for softer landings however they maybe.Called using better good commonsense.Cant hurt at all in this area to many others.So who can tell me about this idea of mine and these helis?As I was about to buy one with the counter rottion dual blade setup.Untill trying it for my very first time.And basicly took off and hooverd then flew right to left then backwards to land semi ok in the store helpers hand.As he seen what I was working to do.And simply helped me and the store heli out really in landing as I happend to be in the air and one foot away at the time.Point is this.I wont say it didnt take focus and real attention.IT certainly did but I also owned and raced a open class wicked fast great handling buggy.2 decades long ago.When then electric wasnt at all popular but for these buggys period.You bought in a disasembled kit complete with a cheap stick radio I hated!So much it wasnt but within two weeks from building I got a nice Kraft wheel unit and then started to really drive that cool buggy.Then started racing outdoors on a seriously poor idea of a race track.That chewed up 10.00 in reartires every single visit.That the moment I heard a indoor track was about to open its doors.I was there and basicly never left till they closed then selling my open class best buggy there bar none.That took a 2nd place in a long six week race.Only I was the only with both such a custom owner built race car and one that was hard to break.Not to mention faster than everything anyone had but one other and he couldnt controll it and didnt ever race.I used a less zippy motor with serious torque plenty fast! I was the only to hit two tight corners and open my car up!For sprint car type sideways action with full five feet roosts tossed a foot high and five out.Point Im trying to make is this.It didnt take at all long to get the hang of it once I had the right type and quality equipment.But thank god I had before at all building the open class car!OR Id had a seriously bad to maybe noluck at all.But commonsense will pull you through.If anyone wouldve told me Id end racing open class with that fast a car.Not to mention the wildman driver most came to see!And theyd stand in the tightest hard corner waiting for my car to toss dirt all over there legs and they loved it! So did I man that was a serious blast!But for the truth myhearts always been with the heli!And what I went to buy way back then!BUT thank GOD and the salesman to talk sense into my then fat wallet and crazed thinkinghead.For the 600.00 then nitro heliboy made in germany.That was a serious ***** to at all fly period.Nothing at all like whats to chice from in afew hundred for all electric!And what out fly the nitro helis hands down.Why not fly electric.Saving big bucks on all the dirty loud and heavy stuff.So you can fly with goodys! Like cameras,lights and floats! And its those that I am after and plan to make my own high powerd mini search light.Along with a set od serious aerodynamic nice floats.Made of balsa then sealed and custom painted to match the rest.So what can anyone tell me for heli to interest as Im all ears!