RCU Forums - View Single Post - I guees I need to change my name.
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2003, 03:12 AM
maxxdaddy74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Went to track today and what a surprise

I went to my local track today and I guees I owe all of the Savage owners a big apology. The Savage just would'nt stop running. My daughter who is 8 yrs. old could'nt have been happier and she was able to hit all the jumps and bring this thing down on all 4 everytime. I was shown up by her after my Maxx broke on the second tank (sheared the screws in the rear diiff). Time to upgrade. This is something I hope I dont have to do with the Savage. Well I like the stock engine for now but I know I'll be yernin for some more speed soon. The shop I purchased this thing from was kind enough to do the break-in of the engine after I called and asked them to. The engine ran 6 trouble free tanks and never went above 250 degrees. My Maxx was sidelined thanks to the added torque of the Sirio and now its broke again. I must say the Savage does need a better steering servo and I also noticed a lot of play in between the drive hexs and the stock rims. I just put on the extra set of Traxxas rims with bowties and that problem was solved. Does anyone want to buy a new set of Savage rims and tires slightly used (1 tank)? I'll know more this weekend how the Savage will do up against some other Maxxs on the track where it counts to me.