RCU Forums - View Single Post - JR DX6i Spectrum radio
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2009, 10:32 AM
Sandmann_AU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JR DX6i Spectrum radio

I've been using a DX7 system for about a year now and until recently I hadn't found a single fault in it. I built a new plane not long ago (Super Skybolt for those who're interested) and put in a brand new Spektrum AR7000 receiver that I'd had lieing about the house for about six months without a home. All seemed fine at first but after about ten minutes on the bench setting up the radio things went bizarre. The receiver would work intermittently, when it was working the servos would all "twitch", sometimes it wouldn't bind on power up, sometimes the lights would come on as if bound but no reaction, and sometimes only one light would come on but not the other.

I returned it my local hobby shop who sent it to the Australian company that handles Spektrum (O'Reillys Model Products) who tested it but found nothing wrong with it, and returned it with the new V1.6 firmware. I reinstalled it (in a different plane this time - I'd robbed an older plane to fly my new one) and it seemed to work great - for an hour or so, after which it went back to the same problem. This time I took video of it happening, and contacted O'Reillys directly and spoke to their support people. They said they'd seen a few receivers have problems in warmer areas, which disappeared once they'd gotten to them (in Adelaide, much cooler than here in Brisbane). They replaced it for me with a brand new one which has been flawless.

Matt