RCU Forums - View Single Post - Getting a plane running again?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Rufcut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Getting a plane running again?

Conan4480,
I got back into the hobby after a similar layoff period and I can tell you the above posts are good advice. I had a little disaster with fuel tubing. I inspected the tubing on my Tiger Trainer 60 and it looked fine but I neglected to flush the clunk which turned out to be partially blocked. When I fueled up, using an electric pump, the back pressure on the clunk caused the fuel line to slip off the nipple at the tank. So there I am, listening to the hum of my pump, imagining the "delirious burning blue" that awaits me. After about half a minute, I start to wonder just how big a tank I have. Eventually, it sinks in that I have a problem. I remove the wing and see that the tank is only half full. So is the fuselage![X(] Fortunately, I had raised the receiver and battery off the deck as part of converting to floats so none of the electronics got soaked. But, I had to strip all the gear out and spend several hours with a can of K2R and a brush to clean up all that fuel soaked wood. So, be sure that all the fuel lines are secured, or better yet replace them, and the clunk is clean.[&:]
Good luck and welcome back!!