RCU Forums - View Single Post - How does your club handle this?
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 01:15 AM
jim_franks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How does your club handle this?

Zero tolerance is the best policy. The club has every right to bar a person from flying if their by-laws spell it out what the requirements for a person to fly. My club only really requires that the flier has a current AMA card. My club seems to be rather lax at times in enforcing the rules on who is allowed and not allowed to fly. This puts your flying field at risk if the club does not own the land outright. I feel for the guy that is new to the hobby who shows up and wants to fly and does not have the proper documentation. I do not feel any thing for the club member that is not responsible enough to pay his AMA or club dues on time and expects to fly along side me. I feel that he has violated by right to use the site (as a due paying member) especially when he is competing for my time to fly or on the same freq as me. I will pay my club dues late this year only because I'm in Iraq and don't get back til spring. I have let the club know about this and will still pay for the full year. AMA was sent in when I received the notice. I consider it the same as a bill to be payed when I get it not when I feel like it. I expect that when I get back I will go fly prior to renewing my club dues (only AMA is really required), but will pay on my first club meeting as I should. To me that is part of being in a club. If your not going to join the club then don't fly at their field on a regular basis regardless of what their requirements are to fly their. You can only be a guest for so long.