RCU Forums - View Single Post - Something different for 50cc?
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 10:51 AM
cjcyclesrc
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Something different for 50cc?

ORIGINAL: andyjayh

Looking for something a little different for my next 50cc model. I already have a EF Yak 88" and a Compy 2x2 so I don't want another Yak or Extra but this seems to be most of the choice currently. The two I have come up with so far is either a Sukhoi SU26 and I am liking the GlobalRC offering or the old Chip Hyde Vision 3D.

Not a lot of choice with Sukhoi's and the GlobalRC one looks about the best but I don't have any idea of the quality or flight characteristics. It's a fairly cheap model and I have been spoilt with EF quality so don't want to be disappointed. The one I really like is the new H9 but that demands a 85cc lump so the costs put it out for the time being.

Really interested in the Chip Hyde Vision 3D but I know Chip went out of business a couple of years back. ProBuild in the UK can still get them from the factory so still might be able to get my mitts on one if I really wanted to go that way. Liking the idea of this model as it has a freestyle look about it and some of the best models I have flown have the long moment arm, UltraRC Rock 'n' Roll, Capiche 140 to name two. However I am aware this is an old design so is there anything else out there with a similar design?

Any other suggestions for a 50cc freestyle/3D model that is not a Yak or Extra??
I know what you are talking about. I have an EF 110" Yak and 88" Extra and don't plan to get rid of either on anytime soon. The plane that has me fired up right now is the new EF 50cc Cap. I have already looked at one of Chris's prototypes and it looks sweet. I already have my name on one and I hope it comes in soon. Chris is also working on a 50cc Edge.