RCU Forums - View Single Post - Traxxas or Crapxas (lol?)
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 02:14 AM
Sonolin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas or Crapxas (lol?)

NOTE BEFORE READING: The point of this thread/project is to prove some degree of quality in the Traxxas products. I believe that there are much better options than Traxxas out there, but for the economy-minded, new-to-rc, basher, Traxxas MIGHT be a decent choice. The reason I say might is that I have heard a TON of mixed views about traxxas, but most of them are biased. This is a completely un-biased approach to Traxxas quality that newbies to RC can read about (when finished) to help them with their first RC approach.

So, everybody knows of the new and latest craze of everybody hates Traxxas, right? Well, let's see if that "Traxxas sucks!" is just a myth or not. What I am thinking about doing, is making some sort of review on a Traxxas model (MANY future ideas planned). This review will be different than most because this review will be over a longer timespan than other reviews, and the products will be put through.. well, a LOT of abuse. I am not talking anything like jumping off of three story buildings abuse, but plenty for your average basher.

The extra little twist I am adding to this review, is I will be pitting a Traxxas model (most likely the Rustler due to its popularity and the price) against the HPI Firestorm! That's right, the Firestorm, which is widely known for its durability.

The inspiration I got for this is thinking about how cheap I can get another RC if I just get a roller, and put already used electronics in. I was considering buying a Firestorm Flux package for bashing around (delaying me getting into racing a bit, but oh well I can wait and bashing is fun ) and then this idea hit me! It would not be a stretch to say that I could get a Rustler roller for maybe $100, and this project sounds like a load of fun.

There is a little more to it than that, but I don't want to give it all away right now .

I should be able to do this project near the end of next month, and have it finished early march, so keep a look out!

Some other ideas I have:

My RC10GT with a OS .18 using the same theme (POWER)
Jato with same theme (see above)
Duratrax Evader ST with same theme (duratrax or duracrap?)
..and, of course, the SAVAGE (who would see that one coming!)

Cheers, this is just for fun, and don't say something like "what a waste of time/money" because... it really does not waste any of my time (I will already be bashing lol), and as for money... Big deal, $100 extra for the roller to bash to my hearts content.

Oh and I think I will cry if the Firestorm breaks more stuff than the Rustler... But I highly doubt that will happen LOL