RCU Forums - View Single Post - Traxxas or Crapxas (lol?)
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 02:57 PM
TheAdge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Traxxas or Crapxas (lol?)

Agreed with Access. The folks that irk me are the ones that never set foot in the other church to see what it's about. It's worth noting the difference between 'brand-bashing' and 'bench racing'. When I rode dirtbikes, my buddies and I spent hours bench racing our brand. We'd strain over things like which brand's fork rake was best suited to handling hard-packed, rough, off-camber tight turns (My Honda was 'steep', best for tight, grippy supercross stuff, while my opponent won that particular round with his caddy-like Kawasaki). Then we'd get desperate, and resort to things such as the way Suzuki's "bold new graphics" allowed you to grip the gas tank with your knees better. It went on, and on, and on. And no one ever 'won' per se, just made a point.

I think what bothers me about the "TRXashing" that's been going on is it's just that: mudslinging and name-calling. 'They're utter crap'. 'Their new car looks stupid'. Those aren't even criticisms.

What I want to hear is some valid rips into this brand. The good stuff. What peevs you about Traxxas? I could start with a few.

-Too much emphasis on RTRs. - Traxxas' airborne counterpart, Parkzone, has started offering "bind-n-fly" versions of its models that are basically RTRs minus the radio. Wouldn't it be nice to pick up a T-maxx 3.3, and simply bind to an existing TX, or drop in your own RX? At a price point below the RTR, to boot. Or why not a 'rolling chassis' Maxx\Revo? $250+ for a rolling chassis e-revo sounds a hell of a lot better than paying twice that to get gear I already have.

-Complete assemblies. - Complete diffs\trannies? Scratch-builders rejoice! See also rolling chassis above.

-A definitive parts compatibility list. - How much do the T and E-maxxes actually have in common? Which Rustler parts fit Slashes? Which 'new' Maxx parts will fit a 'really old' Maxx?

-Add more 'option' to 'option parts' - Not all options are upgrades, and not all upgrades are made of metal. How about an optional set of original 'narrow' Maxx arms, for example?