RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba s9202 vs digitals?
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 01:07 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
Default RE: Futaba s9202 vs digitals?

ORIGINAL: jaka

Hi!
I have both used 33 year old Futaba S6 servos (remember them?) And many many other other Futaba, Hitec, JR, Sanwa , Becker,and Multiplex analog servos and never experienced any problems using my DX-7 or DX6i radios.
As I mentioned in my post, the 7 channel and below rx's excluding the new AR-7100, run in 1024 resolution and do not experience the issue. It does not matter which tx you use as that's all the rx's will handle. Now if you use a JR 9 channel or above tx and one of the rx's capable of 2048 resolution, then there have been some reports of servo deflections on rx start up.

I have one model with the 9 channel rx and all digital servos except the choke, that servo moves to it's neutral position when the rx is turned on and before it links. And yes I've re-bound it to try and eliminate the movement, but others I've seen have reported full travel deflections sometimes exceeding the travel limits on surface servos. This evidently is caused by the 2048 capable rx's sending out a 700 pulse when first turned on which is outside the normal low servo limit of 900. Sorry but I don't remember the exact terminology for the servo sweep numbers or I'd have listed them....

Now this is ALL regarding the Spektrum/JR 2.4GHz radio equipment and I'd not heard or seen anything of an issue with the Futaba FASST radios until the other day. I didn't really read it as I don't fly Futaba, but thought Summerwind may want to take a look and see if there is an issue with analog servos and the FASST system since I think he runs Futaba FASST.