RCU Forums - View Single Post - BIG vs. small
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 12:18 AM
benzy2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BIG vs. small

Look at the radio that comes with the XXL. You get the spektrum dx3s 2.4 radio. The Savage comes with an AM radio. I believe the 454 is a LRP .28 Spec 3 motor. I guess it all depends what you want. The F4.6 seems to be a pretty good stock motor. You could get into it and then get a better radio and be close to the same price as an XXL. I think the best deal right now is the LST2. They were going for $480 through Amain which is pretty cheap. I would wait on the XXL just a little bit to see if there are any first run issues. When it comes to the XL size costs money. Yeah you can go X with a nicer motor for the price of an XL and if you plan on never running the stock motor on the XL it is one less thing you have to go through as well. But do you want the extra size? It has always been cheaper to get a smaller truck up to speed than a small one. If you want best bang for the buck the X is hard to beat. Normally people who are worried about the dollar won't spring for the XL. Now if you want the bigger truck get the XL and ignore the money difference. I went through this with electrics. Its pretty easy and cheap to get a stadium truck to go lightning fast. The VXL out of the box will haul. Add lipo and a little gearing and you are set. Now if you want a truck that can turn at speed you need to step up to one of the bigger units like the e-revo or the new savage flux. There you are pushing $700 after tax for the truck plus a bit for a dual lipo setup. While it isn't as cheap to be running a lot of people find it more fun.