RCU Forums - View Single Post - Easy Tiger 101mm F-86 w/ pics! Now video!!
Old 02-07-2009, 05:52 PM
Sessholvlaru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Easy Tiger 101mm F-86 w/ pics!

Hey. Well I wasn't going to maiden it today, but went ahead anyway because everyone wanted to see it go. Had to contend with 15 to 20 mph gusts and had to take off from the road next to our field. Our field is still wet and soggy. Anyway, after a few taxi runs to trim the nose gear, I went for it. Take off roll was not bad at all on the road and it got airborne in about 100 feet or so. Had my hands full for a moment trying to trim it out, as it wanted to roll right and dive a tad. I probably should have balanced it laterally. However, once trimmed I enjoyed the heck out of it! It flies very nicely, and is super stable. With the cheap Feigao motor I have in it, performance is good, but not great. I would say it did an honest 80 mph in level, full throttle flight. Good vertical, but not unlimited. When I noticed power start to wane, I brought it in. Nice low speed handling, although I used all the up-elevator I had to flair. I think it is just a bit nose heavy, so I might try putting a half ounce of lead under the thrust tube for next time. So, I am very impressed. It has a lot of potential, and definitely needs retracts. It could really scream with a high dollar Neu or Hacker, I just need to figure out which one I need. Phil: it does not come with intake ducting. I made a partial duct behind the nose and another half piece to cover all my servo wires. You could easy make one though, as all the bulkheads have round cut outs.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54415.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	349.2 KB
ID:	1129677   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk29257.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	1129678   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty65292.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	134.1 KB