RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Unofficial all things Jet drive thread
Old 02-08-2009, 09:56 AM
headhunter23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Unofficial all things Jet drive thread

I just threw prop on shaft then on drill press but drill would work in a pinch(high speed would be preferable). Then take flat file(tried dremel but broke both carbides and sanding disks, file was by far better for me) and just slowly introduce it to the prop. When it starts getting to the size of the tube, I was constantly taking it on and off to test fit, although a vernier (precise measuring instrument, available at hardware stores generally) would have made it quicker, I preferred looking at how it was in the tube and spinning by hand. It can come out as a metal lathe this way just take your time, took me maybe 20 min after screwing around with the dremel. Afterwards if you have a prop balancer, would be good idea but not required to balance prop as this will reduce wear on sleeve(and chance o tube strikes), motor, bearings etc even though the prop is already tiny to begin with.

Yea decided to give away hull, who ever wants it pays shipping. Tis ugly... ahhhh... will go take pic now. Again no motor, no esc, no batteries(even though they are in the photo, will take em out whenever someone decides to take ownership). The way it was setup was to be completely sealed and powered by quick release outside of hull on the back, charging was going to be done through dean which would have been located on top, which is why so ugly. The spray foam hasn't affected the hull since it grew through the top, worst case scenario if you like the hull most of the foam can be scooped out(if you don't want duplicate protection). Oh note, since taking hull apart this way, some of the abs has cracked a bit, but a little goop and a new top will strengthen everything back up so you can go bashing off rocks and over falls no problems.

Taking photos now. remember, just hull and jet... oh and no coupler, going to steal it for other boat. Sorry to whomever.[:-]

Ivan.