RCU Forums - View Single Post - OUTLAW no more...
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 12:35 AM
fly boy2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OUTLAW no more...

ORIGINAL: Campgems

ORIGINAL: carrellh

ORIGINAL: flaminheli
So in order for the AMA insurance to cover something you do not have to be flying at an AMA sanctioned field.
Correct. You only have to abide by the safety code. It loosely describes a safe flying area but it does not say you have to fly at a specific location.
If we allow non AMA memberst, full membership, not Park Flyers membership, to fly, we are violating or agreement with our landlord.

Don

The first time I visited my club; on a meeting night; I brought a small "toy" with me and attempted to fly(never got 1ft off the ground). I hadnt joined AMA then. No one said anything;cause there was only one guy there at that time; I stopped trying to fly it the 2nd time. Stayed for the meeting had a great time and they told me to join AMA. I got a free pattern plane;from a member that was trying to make room; Near the time of the starting of the meeting .I'm thinking on flying electrics at my house; of about 3 acres of open field or a high school gym when the weathers bad;both of this are options when the weather is bad or I dont have the gas and time; but my primary flying field will be my club field