RCU Forums - View Single Post - OUTLAW no more...
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Stuntpilot51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OUTLAW no more...

ORIGINAL: flaminheli

Outlaw For Life!! The nearest club to me is about 35 minutes away. Why drive all the way to it when I can drive 2 minutes and fly. Let me ask this question. What does a club or the AMA have to offer me, besides insurance. Seeing how I would be giving them money every year, what will they be giving me? Are they going to send me a new plane or engine everytime I pay my dues?

Flaminheli,
Some of us are not so fortunate to have a flying field 2 minutes from there house. I find it amazing that you expect the AMA to buy you a plane just because you send them dues, does your car insurance company buy you a new car just because you send them money? how about your health insurance company? Maybe your bank credit card gives you a $1000 shopping spree just because you pay an annual fee. I've never heard a more dumb response than the one you gave.

Let me tell you what a club gives you, the chance to meet people with the same passion for flying that you have, a safe place to fly, a place where there's someone to take you to the hospital when you chop your finger off flying by yourself. A place where you can enter competitions to test your skill against other people. Or could it be your afraid of flying in front of other people.