RCU Forums - View Single Post - OUTLAW no more...
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 06:59 PM
Delta3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OUTLAW no more...

I started cleaning up my model room a couple of weeks ago and am still having trouble coming to grips with the dollar value of the flying gear I found. Between Spektrum receivers (4) a TT 91 FS an OS 120FS a couple of new TT 46 pro two strokes, goodness knows how many extension leads, Y leads, batteries, glues and so on and then looked around the walls at the planes and engines on shelves and all the gear in them. Then there is the hobby tools and two field boxes full of gear and the planes in boxes yet to be built. Don't want to add it all up but the total would be plenty

If the AMA only costs you $60 per year it has to be the bargain of the century for the peace of mind it brings with it. The friendships made at flying clubs are priceless and to exclaim that you cannot see any value or don't get anything in return is the biggest pile of nonsense I have heard in a long time. We all spend money on things and see nothing in return for it but with this hobby and the people involved you can make friends for life, once again absolutely priceless.

$60 per year for AMA membership or $130 per year that we pay in Oz is money well spent and quite frankly anyone who says it is not value for money should be making an appointment to see their shrink because they are a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic