RCU Forums - View Single Post - fraustrated
Thread: fraustrated
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 10:25 PM
pengsylvania

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fraustrated

okay, i have a mad truck that i want to turn into a SEMI-crawler but still want to keep it the way it is. I don't plan on doing hardcore crawling up a side of a mountain but just to have a little fun in the woods and stuff. I don't know how to get it to climb, once i inch it up to a curb it just stops and does not have enough power to attempt to get up onto the curb. I know that crawlers that when you push it up against the wall it will push itself up on the side of the wall. Am i don't something wrong? could it be my ESC that can't handle it? I have an AI automatic ESC and a 55t motor and i thought it would be plently but when i installed the 55t motor it's as quick as the 540 motor that came with it. Could someone give some advise on what else i need to do? do i have to change some gears or get a rc4wd gear reduction unit? The guys at the hobby shop told me i shouldn't have to change out my pinion and spur gears if i use the 55t motor.

I'm looking for some help guys and not a bashing because it's a HENG LONG MAD TRUCK. i don't know much about crawling yet but i am trying to understand it and what makes them so unstoppable. i've done a lot of reading and seems like most crawlers use a 55t motor and it climbs quite well and it doesn't just stop when it bumps up against a curb. the truck itself has plenty of speed and is actually pretty fast for what it is. but i want to be able to drive it in rough terrains at slower speeds and have it be able to crawl. Thanks in advanced guys, and please no bashing cause my next truck is going to be the traxxas summit!!