RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Aeroworks .60/.90 Planes
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 05:36 PM
McChiken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Aeroworks .60/.90 Planes

I have a question for you guys that fly the big stuff . I recently 86'ed a HS-965mg I had on my pull-pull rudder on a Aeroworks Edge540t . It was getting interference from my digital futaba S9252's . I bought one more 9252 to put on the rudder . Problem solved . Now when I installed the linkages on the elevator surface and ailerons The metal clevises had a little slack on the control rod threads and when I would go to full deflection(3d) and let off the stick the control surface would ossilate or vibrate . Once I tightened the threads on the clevises it eliminated this problem . On my new rudder servo if I don't have some good tension on the wire going back to the rudder it will get ossilation or vibration. The tighter the wire the less it does this . Is this normal , due to the large control surfaces , digital servos , or a combination between the two or something else ? I have a r149 PCM Rx , 4 9252 futaba's , one HS-225 on throttle . I know from the little experience I have on pull-pull you don't want the wires tight . The only other plane I have ever put a pull-pull set up on is the EF Yak54e .

Thanks for any advise .