RCU Forums - View Single Post - Help Please: Tried to bind CX2 to Spektrum DX7
Old 02-28-2009, 12:23 PM
ninjamaster75
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Please: Tried to bind CX2 to Spektrum DX7

Here is the scenario: I bought a DX7 transmitter to fly my helos. I had a last flight with the transmitter that came with the Blade CX2 (which I bought used) and things were fine. I located a bind plug, inserted it into the Batt slot, powered the Helo up, and got the expected blinking orange LED. I held the Bind button on the back of the DX7 and saw the flashing green LED, which soon went out as the servos on the helo 'twitched' hinting at connection. The LED on my 3-in-1 unit went to solid red however. I removed the bind plug, powered everything down, powered up the transmitter, powered up the helo, same servo twitch, same solid red LED.

This is where the issue is. I have full cyclic and forward/reverse control, but no throttle control. The motors are plugged in and the receiver has power (solid orange LED on the AR6100e receiver. All the batteries are charged fully.

I tried to go back to the stock transmitter as part of my own troubleshooting, but the same issue occurs when trying to bind. So, I took the troubleshooting a step further by getting the new AR6100 receiver that came with my transmitter and connected all the appropriate wires (yes correctly). The same issue repeats itself.

Am I looking at bad luck and somehow breaking the 3-in-1 unit while going through the bind process, or can someone help me with some different possible troubleshooting steps?

Thanks!