Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Help Please: Tried to bind CX2 to Spektrum DX7

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Help Please: Tried to bind CX2 to Spektrum DX7

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 12:23 PM
ninjamaster75
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Please: Tried to bind CX2 to Spektrum DX7

Here is the scenario: I bought a DX7 transmitter to fly my helos. I had a last flight with the transmitter that came with the Blade CX2 (which I bought used) and things were fine. I located a bind plug, inserted it into the Batt slot, powered the Helo up, and got the expected blinking orange LED. I held the Bind button on the back of the DX7 and saw the flashing green LED, which soon went out as the servos on the helo 'twitched' hinting at connection. The LED on my 3-in-1 unit went to solid red however. I removed the bind plug, powered everything down, powered up the transmitter, powered up the helo, same servo twitch, same solid red LED.

This is where the issue is. I have full cyclic and forward/reverse control, but no throttle control. The motors are plugged in and the receiver has power (solid orange LED on the AR6100e receiver. All the batteries are charged fully.

I tried to go back to the stock transmitter as part of my own troubleshooting, but the same issue occurs when trying to bind. So, I took the troubleshooting a step further by getting the new AR6100 receiver that came with my transmitter and connected all the appropriate wires (yes correctly). The same issue repeats itself.

Am I looking at bad luck and somehow breaking the 3-in-1 unit while going through the bind process, or can someone help me with some different possible troubleshooting steps?

Thanks!
Old 02-28-2009, 01:08 PM
Tall Paul

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Help Please: Tried to bind CX2 to Spektrum DX7

I had that same problem binding the CX-2 and DX-7. Put your throttle trim all the way down to zero, or use the ATV.
Should work.
The other stuff is different.
It may be you're holding your mouth wrong.
If everything is truly connected properly, then going back to the original system configuration should result in a proper binding.
Check everything, and check it again.
Hey Paul! Long time no communicate...

Did you try using the ATV in your DX7 to increase the "throw" of the throttle at the low end? Sometimes our ESCs require a surprisingly small pulsewidth to get them to arm.

David Eichstedt, Horizon Hobby
Director of Aircraft Development - Hangar 9, E-flite, ParkZone, HobbyZone, etc.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:00 PM
sgsterling
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help Please: Tried to bind CX2 to Spektrum DX7

Sounds like you are bound OK, if other things are moving. The orange light indicates the throttle is not going to zero. I won't initiate motor, as a safety precaution, until throttle goes to zero.

a) you may need to"reverse" the throttle setting on the the DX7 (I don't have one so don't know for sure). Otherwise, a min. throttle, it might be commanding full throttle. You can test it by starting with full throttle. If the green light comes on in the CX2, and when you bring the throttle down, it spools up, well you know it needs reversing. See the DX7 manual.

b) it may be the throttle trim is too high, so it never sees zero throttle. Run the throttle trim clear to the bottom and restart.

Best I know.....