RCU Forums - View Single Post - another darn ryobi post (ryobi performance modification, analysis and comparison)
Old 02-28-2009, 06:56 PM
ckangaroo70
My Feedback: (51)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: another darn ryobi post (ryobi performance modification, analysis and comparison)

I am curious to see what your overall weight savings comes out to be once you convert over to Electronic Ignition. I am currently scratch building a Super Sportster 90/120 and planning on hanging my Ryobi 31 on the nose. I have built a couple of these SS 90/120's from Great Planes kits in the past, and both Planes I used 90 2 strokes on them, but both needed dead weight in the nose to balance and neither was overpowered by any means. I also had the larger Giant Super Sportster ARF with a G38 on the nose, and it seems those big thick wings on the Super Sportsters don't really mind a little extra weight and still be able to fly pretty good. So I am certain the Ryobi will provide plenty on nose weight and perhaps to much....so I am kind of curious how much weight can be saved by converting to EI. A Zenoah G23 or G20 might be a better match for the Plane I am scratch building, but I have plenty of flying airplanes and this particular project I am only doing just because I wanted to build a Plane to hang the Ryobi engine on, and I had the plans for it. So my whole goal is to somehow make this engine work for this Plane, and am thinking it should. I have really enjoyed reading this thread, and appreciate all the good info posted.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42429.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	1147161