RCU Forums - View Single Post - Oxai Aries07 wing incident
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 12:46 AM
bwick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Oxai Aries07 wing incident

I don't think Bryan has ever actually flown an Aries, but he has helped me set up mine and knows its little quirks. Based on the behavior of the airplane in the trim process I would say .3-.4 degrees positive in the wing would be a very good estimate.

On the newer of my two Aries, the right thrust is correct for verticals but it does require down thrust (actually both of them required down thrust). I don't have exact degree values but it is a fair amount, maybe .6-.7 degree. Hard to say, just set the downthrust until the verticals go up straight. Stab incidence is more of a fine tune thing. It should be one of the last things you mess with to get the feel of your elevator just right. As long as it's not way out of wack while you're working out everythin else it shouldn't effect much (if your CG isn't too far back, that is).

I believe the manual says to run the CG at about ~195mm from the leading edge. I have my set up at ~175mm. At this CG it behaves very well at extreme rudder throws. Everything is very predictable. I actually have NO knife edge mix on my Aries at the moment, and that is how I flew it at the nats. It's not perfect for just level knife edge flight but for things like the knife edge loop it's pretty dead on accurate. It behaves very well through the rolling loops and circles.

Mixes I do have: small amount of down elevator at idle for downlines, and left rudder bottom 1/2-3/4 of the throttle travel to compensate for right thrust on downlines and things.

Hope that helps.
and thanks for giving me something to do besides this retarded anthropology paper, haha

-Brett