RCU Forums - View Single Post - Major Glitch in a Futaba SS system!!
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 10:04 AM
1UGLYPUG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Major Glitch in a Futaba SS system!!

I returned the radio to them for repair of an intermittent problem,,, They changed out a board,, not saying if they had actually found a problem,,and refusing to talk to me about why they changed that part. I got the radio back, flew it a few times with some old gliders,, then tried it in a good plane,, and it flew out of control. Since I have two identical 6EX transmitters, I got the help of a friend at the field, the only other person there, so I know it was not any jamming problem. We bound the crashed RX and a known good RX to the good radio, to insure it was not a bad RX, and he operated the the Good TX while I drove as far away as possible watching the controls move. No problems. Then we bound the same two RX to the bad TX, and lost control at less than 100 yards. The range check of both radios was good, even though the bad TX would lose contact at less than 100 yards. The bad TX had been working several days before with the old gliders, but decided to stop working with the good plane,,, an intermittent problem. All RX worked with the known good TX well off the range of flying at the field. The bad TX with the intermittent problem lost control with the same RX at less than 100 yards after a good power down range check. I told Futaba that it was an intermittent problem, and to please not make me have to find out by losing another plane that the problem was still there,,, All they say now, is that "our supervisor will check it out this time",,,, That is not good customer service. I like the good TX I have, but if it ever needs repair, I may as well throw it in the trash,,, Just like the other guy on here said he got one back and it too was not repaired. I am a former electronics technician and instructor, and know when I have a problem with equipment, or I crashed the plane. When a plane just flys by in front of you and out of sight, like the second one I lost, and nothing you do affects the plane,,, the problem is with the equipment. I will only buy Spektrum, and do not recommend flying with a bad radio "repaired" by Futaba,,, They may do good monkey maintenance of changing parts, but they have no real trouble shooting skills. I truly believe the board they changed was due to their thinking it was a freq linking problem, and did not actually trouble shoot the radio. The last problem I had before I sent it in for repair, was when I was doing a ground check, and the radio was not linked,, and I think that is what they keyed in on, rather than the intermittent problem... They did not trouble shoot the radio. And if they send me back the same radio again,,, I will continue to be the voice of opposition to their repair work, and their product in general.