RCU Forums - View Single Post - COMPLETE BEGINNER – PLEASE ASSIST
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 09:28 PM
bikemad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: COMPLETE BEGINNER – PLEASE ASSIST

your trying to run before you can walk, put the training gear on and keep it no more than an inch of the ground, find a smooth bit of concert and play for days, just try to hover,
one of the hardest bit's of heli flying for me was to stop thinking it would just click, it's hard and has a fix set of things to learn, in order and it took many crashes for me to buckle down,
so go slow and keep your heli as safe as possible and one inch is more than enough to learn with,
you will need to know your heli to put it right but I found my 60 was to fast mid stick so I slowed it down with the exponential function, about 25%, there's some good stuff on you-tube for setting up heli's,
it's hard for a newbe to set up a heli, you can do some but setting up the head needs a good hover and someone how knows how to fly, it's harder to fly when it's not right, if it's to far out and it wont fly at all,
As for the sim's they ant the same as real flying, if it was we wouldn't buy a heli, I have tort my self to fly with out a sim, I have played with sim's and think there a good idea but I can do all sorts of 3D tricks on a sim but out in the real world is a different story,
Good luck and remember it's a lot to learn and take's a long time and crashes are part of it, specially at the start, at lest parts for walkera's are cheap,